Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2017

LOVE TO CRAFT CHALLENGE #11 ANYTHING GOES

Hello Crafty Friends,
There's a new challenge starting today at
Love To Craft Challenge Blog
The theme for this challenge is...
Anything Goes
Here's my inspiration card for this challenge... 
Here's my recipe...
 The Paper Studio 4.5"x6.5" 'Kirby Teesdale'
Button and Sweet Paris Paper - from a dear friend 
Prima Marketing Distressing Tool
Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon - won gift cert from Jo’s Scrap Shack celebration
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad 'Tea Dye'
Unbranded Doily Die and Couple Die
Coffee Stained Gauge and Paper Roses
Bow Making Tool
Cream/Pink Cardstock Paper
Brown Vellum

Here's how I made my card... 
After making my card with cream colored paper, I used the distressing tool around all the edges, even the fold (carefully on the fold). Next I cut the patterned paper to fit the center of the card and used the distressing tool around it. Then I went around the card edges and the patterned paper edges with the distress ink pad. Then taped the paper onto the center of the card. After cutting the couple die cut with pink paper and vellum, I glued them together with the vellum up and over to the left some, so that the pink paper will show (almost like a shadow). Then I added some distressed ink around the die cut and glued it onto the left side center of the card. I had already used half of the cream colored doily die cut, so it fit perfectly next to the couple die, after I distressed it slightly and added some distressed ink around the side of it. Next I added some coffee stained gauge around the right side of the doily. Then I cut a piece of the 'Sweet Paris' paper and made a tag with it. Next I went around the tag with the distressing tool and then the distressed ink and taped it slightly rotated left onto the left side of the doily, slightly covering the couple. Then I made a bow with Pink Wrinkled Ribbon using the wonderful bow maker my hubby made for me and glued it on the right side above the tag. Next I curled the stems of three roses and glued them above the bow. Then glued the beautiful button on the top right corner...which I think added the perfect touch. :)

I hope you like my DT card and it gives you some inspiration.
Come on and join us in the fun!

Happy Crafty Hugs,
Sherry x

I entered this card in these challenges...
Die Cut Diva's - Summer Fun
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - Use Patterned Paper
Through The Craft Room Door Wk of 5-30 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and elegant card design. Your distressed edges add the perfect vintage touch and the vellum shadow is a brilliant idea! Beautiful and awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, I love how all your elements come together. Thanks for joining our Summer Fun Challenge at Diecut Divas, Cathie DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I enjoy reading them. :)