Followers

Sunday, June 18, 2017

SUMMERTIME MEMORIES

Hello Again Crafty Friends,
While making this card I was remembering all the fun I had as a child chasing and catching lightning bugs/fireflies. I remember the fun times we had at my step-mom's parent's cabin at the lake. There were always a lot of lighting bugs during the Summer nights. I miss those wonderful times and all the fun we had there. We had lighting bugs where I lived at the time, though not as many. Then when I was 19 when we moved to the country, you could see them light up a field. That is what my children grew up seeing as well. There aren't any in Washington, so my hubby has never seen one in person. That makes me feel sad, though I did find some videos online to show him. To me it's another one of God's wonderful creations.

Okay, I have reminisced enough, lol. So here's my card...
 Here's what I used to make this card...
 Digistamp '#8102 Firefly Mason Jar' By: Scribbles Designs
Marco Raffine Colored Pencils
The Paper Studio 4.5"x6.5" 'So-So-Sweet'
Unbranded Square Die
Yellow Cardstock Paper

I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and it brings back childhood memories for you as well.
I can't wait for you to see my DT card on July 1st, using an image from this set. :)

Happy Crafty Hugs!
Sherry x

I entered this card in the following challenges...
Crafting By Design - Things With Wings
Rubbernecker Stamps Challenge #11 - Summer Time
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #355 - Summer Fun Activities
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #60 - Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts Challenge #4 - Things With Wings
Di's Digi Designs - Summer Days Challenge
Simply Create Too Challenge #128 -Summer Fun
My Time To Craft Challenge #348 - Summertime

29 comments:

  1. Sherry, I know what you mean....I grew up in the country and went camping a lot as a teen-ager, but many people don't understand what is so natural just outside the city limits. Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. I have seen fire flies in Italy whilst on holiday. They are fascinating to see. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mrs A.! :) x

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say how wonderful that would be to see them in Italy! :) x

      Delete
  3. So sweet!! I love the lightning bug!! We have tons of them and I love when they start lighting up the evening :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cute little bug with the heart for a head! I've never seen a lightning bug or a firefly. Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jane! :) You don't know what you're missing, not having seen one. x

      Delete
  5. I love lightening bugs and these were out every summer. I caught them as a kid. What fun. These fabulous creations are scarce now and that's so sad. Your card is adorable and brings back great childhood memories!! Thanks for this creative card. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card! I saw glow bugs for the first time last year. Although I didn't live too far from the country, we never went out walking once it had started to get dark.

    Thanks for playing along at Quirky Crafts,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tinz! :) That's great you were able to see them. :) x

      Delete
  8. Isn't it lovely how a simple image can evoke such wonderful memories :) Great card with a perfect sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! That bee is adorable and the sentiment it awesome sauce! I was finally able to become a follower. Yippee! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Niki! :) Awesome that your my new follower! :) x

      Delete
  10. Great card and cute little bug -special because of your childhood memories -I have never seen one of these though
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Carol! :) Sad that you haven't seen one. x

      Delete
  11. That's one adorable image! Definitely a fun summer pasttime in my childhood-watching them and collecting in a jar poked with holes. Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I love your card, looks so sweet!
    Yeah, it's a shame so many people never have/had the opportunity to witness natures wonders. I always am very aware when I am outside and I see all the little animals and save worms and snails and bugs all the time, especially in summer from the sun and the heat. I wished everyone would do it. It's their planet too and who am I that gives me the right to think they are worth less.
    Makes me happy to read that you have grown up in nature :)
    Hugs, Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I enjoy reading them. :)