Hello There Crafty Friends,
I want to let you all know that a challenge is going on at...
The theme for this challenge is...
Anything Goes with a Twist - Paper Piecing
Here's my inspiration card for the challenge...
Here's what I used to make it...
Marco Raffine Colored Pencils
Paper Piecing Patterns - Better Homes & Gardens:
The Paper Studio 4.5"x6.5" 'Country Road'
The Paper Studio 4.5"x6.5" 'Tattered and Worn'
Geographics Design Papers 'Clouds'
Prima Marketing Distressing Tool
Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Tea Dye'
Small Clothespin From My Dear Friend
Hand Made Modern 'Neon Craft Twine'
Simple Stories 'I Am' Chipboard Frame
Dark Pink/Light Pink/Brown/Blue Cardstock Paper
Here's what I did...
1. Made the card with dark pink paper.
2. Added Country Road paper to the center of the card and taped it in place.
3. Added twine across the frame and tied on each side.
4. Used a white colored pencil to make waves on a piece of blue paper.
5. Used a dark brown colored pencil to make sand on a piece of brown paper.
6. Glued the sand paper onto the waves paper, then glued that onto the cloud paper.
7. Glued the cloud paper onto the back of the frame.
8. Rotated the frame slightly to the left and glued it on the card.
9. Pinned the swimsuit with the clothespin on the twine.
10. Rotated the beach tote slightly left and taped it onto the bottom left side of the frame.
11. Rotated the butterfly to the right and glued it onto the top left of the card.
For the Swimsuit and Beach Tote...
1. Made with the Tattered and Worn, dark pink and light pink paper.
2. Used distress ink around each piece of the swimsuit.
3. Used distress ink around each piece of the beach tote and sunglasses.
4. Cut and glued the pieces together.
5. Used a rust colored pencil to draw a button on the ties and colored the sunglasses lens.
Hope you like my DT card and it gives you some inspiration.
We would love to see you join us in the fun!